Last modified: April 17, 2023
Posen Center LLC (“Posen”) respects your privacy and is committed to helping protect it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website at www.posenlibrary.com and any associated mobile app (together, the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through other mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Posen or any other party (including our affiliates); or
- Any party through a link from or to the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including, but not necessarily limited to, information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as you name, email address or, if you establish an account, your account name and password.
- The contents of any of your comments or postings on or through the Website.
- Records and copies of your communications with us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries and browsing history on the Website.
- About your internet connection, the facilities you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us (if applicable), and when you report a problem with the Website.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes (if applicable).
- Your search queries on the Website.
We collect that information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, such as Google Analytics.
You also may provide information (annotations or citations) to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (together, “User Contributions”). All User Contributions are provided at the risk of the contributor. Although may have security measures in place from time to time, no such measures can ever be perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share User Contributions. We cannot guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, or receive from third parties, that helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Player Cookies. Certain features of the Website might now or later use local stored objects (or Flash Player cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash Player cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. The Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Posen to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for statistical purposes (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically other than as noted above. Other than the minimal information needed to set up an account (which does not include a request for financial information), we do not store personal information.
We do not control third parties tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted under applicable law or in our privacy policies.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you if you opt in to receive any such information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our parent organization, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have opted in for that.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Posen, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from Posen. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Posen to promote our own or third party products or services, you can opt out at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver targeted third-party materials, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. To do so, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third-party collection or use of your information. Those third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our terms of service.
Your State Privacy Rights
Colorado (Colo. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 6-1-1308(1)(a)(III), (b) (effective July 1, 2023), Connecticut Section 6(c)(3), (d), (e), Connecticut Session Law 22-15 (effective July 1, 2023), Virginia Va. Code Ann. § 59.1-578(C)(3), (D), (E)) (effective January 1, 2023), and Utah (Utah Code § 13-61-302(1)(a)(iii), (b) (effective December 31, 2023)) each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
- Colorado, Connecticut and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Nevada (NRS 603A.300 to 603A.360; NRS 603A.325) provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foreign Privacy Laws
Users of this document should be aware that some foreign jurisdictions, such as the European Union, may:
- Have comprehensive privacy and data security laws that are more stringent than United States laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679) (GDPR) and EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (2002/58/EC) (E-Privacy Directive).
- Require prior, explicit user consent for:
- the collection and use of certain sensitive information.
- Place restrictions on the transfer of personal information to other countries.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you establish an account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas that might appear on the Website (such as message boards). The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we work to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission via the Website of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
To register a complaint or concern, please email email@example.com.